SPOTLIGHT ON RUSSIAN THEATRE
The Spotlight on Russia showcases new developments in Russian theatre both at home and abroad. From performance reviews to interviews, streaming video to an ever-growing archive of essays, the series offers The Theatre Times' readers a window on the Russian theatre landscape.
Boris Yukhananov – the Artistic Director of the Stanislavsky Electrotheatre, Moscow – discusses how the COVID-19 pandemic has affected the theatre community in Russia and the Stanislavsky Electrotheatre. He also shares his thoughts on the post-pandemic theatre.
Like Us On Facebook
LATEST FROM RUSSIA
- Ken Reynolds: 1938–2021. A Personal and Professional Remembrance of East European Theatre’s Finest Photographer
- 9 New Names in Russian Ballet That You Should Know
- The Golden Mask Festival
- Preserving, Documenting, and Archiving Theater. An Interview with Dmitrii Rodionov, Director of the State Central Theatrical Museum in Moscow.
- “Black Dove” – Chekhov in Mexico
- Making Live Theatre Limitless Through Film and Digital Access: Conversation with the Founder of Stage Russia, Eddie Aronoff.
- Pining for St Kilda Instead of Moscow: “The Cherry Orchard” Grapples With Our Cultural Inheritance
- How Russian Theatre guru Konstantin Stanislavsky Changed the Acting Universe
- Mikhail Baryshnikov: A Dancer Whose Flight to Freedom Brought Him Cult Status
- Digital Ghost: The Modern Vignette Between Two Worlds. Ansky’s “The Dybbuk” on Zoom
- “The Dybbuk” Or a Play Possessing Audiences for a Century
- Vsevolod Meyerhold: The Revolutionary Communist Director Executed By Stalin
- Turning Challenges into Opportunities: Multicultural Multi-modal Conversations at the Conference “Theatre and Virtual Reality” in Saint-Petersburg, Russia.
- Mister Twister (Marshak-Jazz Cabaret): Ladies & “Trump”
- Dame Kate Harcourt And the Art of the Senior Actor
- OYUB: Sounding Russian Docudrama
- Loud Words – Chekhov, The Doctor With A Gun
- Archive on Stage: Enacting Life, Performing Politics
- What Immigrant Theatre Can Teach Us About Perseverance and Adaptation During Challenging Times: State vs Natasha Banina at the Arlekin Players Theatre, Zoom Edition
- Russian Theatre Stages “The Cherry Orchard” Using Minecraft