SPOTLIGHT ON RUSSIAN THEATRE
The Spotlight on Russia showcases new developments in Russian theatre both at home and abroad. From performance reviews to interviews, streaming video to an ever-growing archive of essays, the series offers The Theatre Times' readers a window on the Russian theatre landscape.
Boris Yukhananov – the Artistic Director of the Stanislavsky Electrotheatre, Moscow – discusses how the COVID-19 pandemic has affected the theatre community in Russia and the Stanislavsky Electrotheatre. He also shares his thoughts on the post-pandemic theatre.
Like Us On Facebook
LATEST FROM RUSSIA
- Mikhoels by Freud: “The Singing Windmills” by Roman Freud and the PM Theater Company
- “Russia Is My Country, Who Better Than Me to Clean Up the Ruins of Our Humanity:” Interview with Elena Kovalskaya – Part II
- “Russia Is My Country, Who Better Than Me to Clean Up the Ruins of Our Humanity”: Interview with Elena Kovalskaya – Part I
- Dolce & Duce: “The Taming of the Shrew” at the Mossovet Theatre
- Dmitry Krymov Plumbs the Depths of Memory (part 2)
- Dmitry Krymov Plumbs the Depths of Memory (part 1)
- The Anatomy of Lost Love: Russian Culture at War
- “Cruel Games”—A Soviet Play in Post-Soviet Realities
- Stage Russia Expands Its Repertoire as It Continues to Offer Unprecedented Access to Contemporary Russian Theatre on a Big Screen
- COVID—Brevis, Ars—Longa
- “The Last Trial” Musical: There Once Was a Wizard, a Servant of Night
- Ken Reynolds: 1938–2021. A Personal and Professional Remembrance of East European Theatre’s Finest Photographer
- 9 New Names in Russian Ballet That You Should Know
- The Golden Mask Festival
- Preserving, Documenting, and Archiving Theater. An Interview with Dmitrii Rodionov, Director of the State Central Theatrical Museum in Moscow.
- “Black Dove” – Chekhov in Mexico
- Making Live Theatre Limitless Through Film and Digital Access: Conversation with the Founder of Stage Russia, Eddie Aronoff.
- Pining for St Kilda Instead of Moscow: “The Cherry Orchard” Grapples With Our Cultural Inheritance
- How Russian Theatre guru Konstantin Stanislavsky Changed the Acting Universe
- Mikhail Baryshnikov: A Dancer Whose Flight to Freedom Brought Him Cult Status