In the post-Soviet area, the play’s path to the stage has always been a thorny one, so the drama...Read More
Polish Theatre Interviews
My family is not Jewish and therefore I never celebrated Jewish holidays at home. However, I have...Read More
Grzegorz Jarzyna – the head and artistic director of TR Warszawa (Poland)– responds to Boris...Read More
The Opening dialogue of the Between.Pomiędzy Festival. 5 May 2020. Octavian Saiu: I’d like to say...Read More
“Gardzienice:” Wesele – Wyspiański – Malczewski – Konieczny. Tomasz Wiśniewski in a Conversation with Włodzimierz Staniewski
One of the major figures in Polish experimental theatre, Włodzimierz Staniewski, is the founder of...Read More
Kasia Lech (KL): How could we introduce Klątwa [The Curse] and its context to someone for whom the...Read More
Walking into the old basement of the legendary Old Theatre (Stary Teatr) in Krakow, you soon realize nothing is old here. MICET, the new interactive theatre museum, which opened just about a year ago, completely transforms the theatre’s dark, moldy basement into one of the most cutting-edge museum/installation/performance spaces in Europe.Read More
Polish stage director on his version of Dallapiccola’s Volo di notte and Il Prigioniero at the...Read More
Like Us On Facebook
LATEST FROM POLAND
- Can the World be Saved on Stage?
- The Happening “12” – The 12th Between.Pomiędzy Festival of Literature and Theatre, 2021
- Laughing in Darkness: Reading Różewicz Anew
- “Najdziwniejszy Androgyn” (“The Strangest Androgyne”): Autism in Performance
- Between.Pomiędzy @ 12 — Ohio Impromptu @ 40 — Beckett @ 115
- Separate Yet Together: The Twelfth International Between.Pomiędzy Festival of Literature and Theatre
- How a Polish Master, Krystian Lupa, Brought Lu Xun’s Madness to Life
- What Will You Do This Summer? On An Interdisciplinary Summer Camp In Warsaw
- The Social Theater of Ambulatory Care in Poland. Part 3.
- The Social Theater of Ambulatory Care in Poland. Part 2.
- The Social Theater of Ambulatory Care in Poland. Part 1
- 5 Reasons Why Verse Is the Language for Theatre in 2020s
- Feedback Loop: “No One’s Gonna Believe Me Anyway” at the Gniezno Theatre
- Who Let the “Lady of Pestilence” In?
- Inside Virtual Rooms
- “The Dybbuk” Or a Play Possessing Audiences for a Century
- Polishness And Its Place in Europe: Polish National Theatre Streams “Kordian” By Juliusz Słowacki.
- A Big Small Story
- Privileges of the Imagination
- Notes from the Generation After 4 Showcase