“Theatre Is King”: The 2023 Kenya Theatre Awards
by Alexander Nderitu | 17th Mar 2023 | Acting, Kenya, News
The second edition of the Kenya Theatre Awards took place on 23rd February 2023 at the Kenya...
“Three Sisters,” National Theatre
by Aleks Sierz | 23rd Jan 2023 | Adaptation, Nigeria, Review, Theatre and Decolonization, Theatre and Politics, United Kingdom
“The Arabian Nights” in Taiwan: Deserted in the Oriental Dream
by Kuan-Ting Lin | 12th May 2023 | Directing, Review, Taiwan, Theatre and Politics, Transcultural Collaborations
Originally a collection of West Asian folktales, The Arabian Nights may be the series of...
“note to a friend” at PROTOTYPE 2023 Festival
by Jingyi Zhang | 18th Jan 2023 | Festivals, Japan, Prototype 2023, Review, Theatre and Opera, United States of America
Léonora Miano On “What Must be Said”
by Brian Valentine-Quinn | 5th Jun 2023 | Essay, France, Theatre and Decolonization
The stage adaptation of Léonora Miano’s Ce qu’il faut dire (or “What Must be Said”) addresses a longstanding taboo in French society around the open discussion of race. A central tenet of contemporary French republicanism,...
“Sea Creatures,” Hampstead Theatre
by Aleks Sierz | 28th Apr 2023 | Review, Theatre and Gender, United Kingdom
Drag Queens in Musical Theatre
by Lisa Monde | 8th May 2023 | Essay, Interview, LGBTQ Theatre, Musical Theatre, New York, United States of America
Dedicated to the 40th anniversary of the first publication of the play by Jean Poiret La Cage Aux...
Arden of Faversham: A True Crime Thriller
by Clare Cioffero | 10th Apr 2023 | Acting, New York, Review, United States of America
Sydney Theater Company’s “Julia” Powerfully Imagines the Life and Emotions of the Woman Behind the “Misogyny Speech”
by Camilla Nelson | 29th Apr 2023 | Australia, Review, Sydney, Theatre and Gender, Theatre and Politics
Just over 10 years ago, then-Prime Minister Julia Gillard stood up in the House of Representatives...
ENTRE: A Dispersed Festival of Literature and Theater in Goiania and São Paulo, Brazil
by Martin Blaszk | 10th Feb 2023 | Brazil, Education, Essay, Poland, Transcultural Collaborations
An ambitious plan to fly from Gdańsk, Poland to Goiânia, Brazil and co-organize as well as lead a...
Like Us On Facebook
Most Popular Posts
- Imagine/: Artificial Intelligence Comes to Theatrical Design by Michael Schweikardt 17th September 2022
- Bombastic Intimacies: Sophie McIntosh’s “cityscrape” by Rhiannon Ling 30th May 2023
- The House Where Phantom Lived—Part I: The Majestic… by Lisa Monde 17th February 2023
- Drag Queens in Musical Theatre by Lisa Monde 8th May 2023
- “Geometry of the Soul”, “Frozen Songs” and “Clowns’… by Emilija Kvočka 31st May 2023
- Theater, A Major Job Sector by Heather Waters 2nd April 2023
- “Al Capone the musical” à la Francaise by Lisa Monde 31st January 2023
- “The Arabian Nights” in Taiwan: Deserted… by Kuan-Ting Lin 12th May 2023
- The Brazilian Experience with Different Forms of… by Rodolfo García Vázquez 6th February 2023
- Robert Patrick, Playwright, Has Passed Away by Magie Dominic 19th May 2023
- Léonora Miano On “What Must be Said” 5th June 2023
- Danny Robins’s 2:22 A Ghost Story At The Apollo Theatre: Populist Shocker Is Pretty Chill Free 5th June 2023
- “KPOP” On Broadway: A Multisensory Feast of HEUNG 4th June 2023
- “Geometry of the Soul”, “Frozen Songs” and “Clowns’ Houses” at Novi Sad Theatre Festival 31st May 2023
- Bombastic Intimacies: Sophie McIntosh’s “cityscrape” 30th May 2023
- Robert Patrick, Playwright, Has Passed Away 19th May 2023
- “The Arabian Nights” in Taiwan: Deserted in the Oriental Dream 12th May 2023
- Drag Queens in Musical Theatre 8th May 2023
- “Drive Your Plow Over The Bones Of The Dead” at the Barbican Theatre 3rd May 2023
- Vinnie Heaven’s “Faun” at Theatre 503: queer show is both joyful and thought-provoking 1st May 2023